compile problems

1997-05-03 08:51:00

I am trying to compile procmail on Linux using gcc 2.7.2.1 and
libc 5.4.7. The make bombs out as follows:

Testing for memmove, strchr, strpbrk, strcspn, strtol, strstr,
        rename, setrgid, setegid, pow, opendir, mkdir & waitpid
Determining the maximum number of 16 byte arguments execv() takes
Whoeaaa!  This actually can't happen.
You have a look and see if you detect anything uncanny:
I suggest you take a look at the definition of LDFLAGS*
in the Makefile before you try make again.
make[1]: *** [../autoconf.h] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/extra/src/procmail-3.11pre7/src'
make: *** [autoconf.h] Error 2

I got this with the default LDFLAGS of "-s", so I set LDFLAGS
to nothing, but I still can't compile. Does anyone have any ideas?
I had compiled procmail slightly over a year ago with an earlier
compiler and had no problems. Now I can't recompile that version (pre4)
or the latest (pre7). Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob (rjberman(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com)