Re: HELP: What headers to watch for spam (was Re: anybody see this spam?)

1997-05-08 01:41:00
On Thu, 8 May 1997 10:08:20 +0300 (EET DST), I wrote:
<... much snipped ...>
The observation that spam often contains X-Uidl headers was
interesting. I haven't been paying attention to this.

(This was in reference to an earlier message on Procmail-L about how
incoming spam seems to have this header because it will crash some
mail clients if you try to forward the message or reply to it. If you
use POP yourself, your own POP program will probably be adding this
header and in that case you can't, obviously, use that as a criterion
for spam matching.)

  # Message starts with html tag (ugh)
  * B ^^ *<html>

Syntax error. That would be