Re: DRAFT: Getting Started with Procmail (Comments, Please)

1997-05-09 13:37:00

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Catherine Hampton wrote:

I've had a number of users at my ISP ask for help getting procmail
installed.   Some of them are too Unix-phobic to risk it, but a lot
of them are relatively capable Unix users who just needed some help
getting up and running, and who don't have a lot of time.  So I wrote
this for several of those.

Then it occurred to me it might be useful to users on other systems.
So I expanded it a bit, and am posting it here for comments.  Have I
made any major mistakes/boners in this document, or missed some things
that would be helpful for a neophyte to know?

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Catherine

        Hi, Cath. (This is my first message to the list... and hope not
the last! :-))

        With the next version of your document i would include information
on how to use mailstat to read the log file, and to see what has happened
since the last time the user was connected.

        Cheers.

Jordi Garcia Busquets
jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es
University of Girona. Catalunya. Spain