Re: cyberpromo got thru

1997-05-14 04:44:00

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

I've been getting a lot of spam lately that gets into FROM_MAILER or
FROM_DAEMON... mostly pretending to be 'postmaster@'

I'm thinking of making my spamcheck first, since it doesn't autoreply....
but I haven't made it nice enough yet to not catch Subject lines....

Due to the irresponsibility of spammers, and the fact that I get
legitimate mail from postmaster|root|owner, etc., I may just take
Stephen's expansion of the FROM* macros in the man pages, remove the bits
I don't want, and use that literally.

--
revjack(_at_)radix(_dot_)net