Re: Multiple From Addresses

1997-05-15 06:49:00
On Wed, 14 May 1997 20:44:18 +0300,
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia(_at_)sci(_dot_)fi> wrote:
At 02:33 14.5.1997 -0400, you wrote:
:0:
* ^From (owner-freebsd-announce|owner-freebsd-security-notifications)
$HOME/Mail/freebsd-announce
I believe that ab|cd matches abd and acd but not ab nor cd --
correct me, if I am wrong. So, you should try this:

Sorry to say so, but I believe you are. In other words, the precedence
of | is lower than the implied catenation of two successive regexps
(such as two characters). This is how egrep et al. work, too.

* ^From +(owner-freebsd-announce)|(owner-freebsd-security-notifications)

This will in fact match (^From +owner-freebsd-announce)|(that other thing)
(... this is pseudo-code; you can't really put the ^ inside the parens).

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>