What is the spamming software doing?

1997-05-19 00:18:00
Hi there,

It seems that the spammer software doesn't even hit my MX record. From
what I can see it looks like the program telnets directly to my port 25.

Looks like it's time to read those sendmail extensions that cut out SPAM.

Has Eric made them sendmail v8 features yet?

I mean christ I put an MX record that point sto my ISP's mail exchanger
at both priorities and the bastards telnet directly to my SMTP server.

Can somebody explain how these SPAMMERS can go on hiding who they are and
justify this crap? Doesn't this constitute some kind of offence?