Getting info from the envelope How ?

1997-05-20 07:00:00

================= Next Attachment is an IA5text area ====================
is there anyway I can use procmail to extract things that are
in the envelope of an email

I have a perl script which gateways internet mail into a propietary X400
email system.

the script is called from a procmailrc file and gets all its info
from the headers but I have come across a couple of mailing lists
where I cannot find who the recipient is from the headers and must presume
it is in the envelope details.

I'm after two things

1. can some suggest a method to capture the envelope to prove th
at this
indeed is the case

2. if the above is true a method to extract info from the envelope
   so that I can call my script with a param of the recipient

I am currently running sendmail 8.6.12 and procmail 3.10

With best wishes

Tim
Tim Simpson                                   |    Dundee City Council
Tel:  +44 (0) 1382-438184                     |    I.T. Divison
Mobile: 0976-714809                           |    Technical Block
Email: tsimpson(_at_)dundeecity(_dot_)gov(_dot_)uk             |    Northern
College
                                              |    Gardyne Road
 I remember what it felt like at seventeen    |    Dundee
   I was cat, a snake, a lizard, a mouse      |    DD5 1NY

The views expressed are the personal views of the Author
and do not neccessarily represent the views of Dundee City Council
Visit our Web site http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk
Visit our Web site http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk