Re: existance of a field?

* ^x-list-id:.*
listname | formail -rxx-list-id:

:0
noname
}

If I understand your intent correct, the above is not going to work.  In
particular, this looks odd to me:

  listname | formail -rxx-list-id:

That looks like you really meant:

  listname=| formail -rxx-list-id:

Which would extract the list name into the 'listname' variable, but still
wouldn't save the message to a folder.  Once you've set up the variable,
you need to *use* it somewhere.  I thought something like this would work
better:

  # If there's an x-list-id: header, extract the value and then use
  # it as the name of a mail folder.
  :0
  * ^x-list-id: \/.*
  $MATCH

  # Otherwise, put it in the noname folder.
  :0E
  noname

I've tested this, and it seems to work as intended (or at least, as I
interpreted the original message).

-- Lars

---
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University