TO_ macro

1997-05-21 20:24:00
I'm going to try to squeeze in two questions:

1.  What conforms most closely to the TO_ macro for "from" fields?  The
corresponding one would probably have been called FROM_ if it were
needed.

2.  I hacked the source to provide for the inclusion of an X_FROM macro
that expands to (^X-(UIDL|Mailer|Sender|uidl|mailer|sender).  First,
I thought that since the spamguys are getting sneakier about headers,
I'd try to trap some more or less obvious stuff.  Secondly, was just
to see if I could figure out how to manipulate the code.  Both worked.
But now comes the obprocmail issue: what would one look for on the
X-UIDL line to grab any and all strings?  Or would just trapping
the fact that the field exists at all be sufficient.  So far, there's
not been enough evidence this field is worthwhile in any event, and
seems to be used mainly by spam remailers.