Re: Extracting just the email address from "From:"

1997-05-30 09:24:00
"Matthew" == Matthew G Saroff <msaroff(_at_)pca(_dot_)net> writes:

formail -rtzxTo:

Matthew> Hi, I think that I may have missed something. Shouldn't that
Matthew> be formail -rtzxFrom: instead of formail -rtzxTo:? Itt could
Matthew> be that I am missing one of the finer points (my nature, I'm
Matthew> a mechanical engineer) of formail.

The `fine point' you're missing is the -r flag. It tells formail to
generate a reply message.

Then the other flags ensure that only the contents of the new To:
header are passed out.

--
Guy Geens <ggeens(_at_)iname(_dot_)com>
Home Page: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ggeens