Re: Unable to post???

1997-06-02 05:39:00
On Thu, 29 May 1997, Mark Metson wrote:

If anyone knows how to tell pine to put lists-in as my username on the
From: line when posting to certain addresses, that would be handy... I am
not aware of a means of email address spoofing in pine, I can change my
domain but seemingly not my username?

1) You probably need to recompile pine to allow changing the from header
as the default compilation is to disallow this.  This can be done by
changing /pine/osdep/os-xxx.h where xxx is the 3-letter code for your
platform.  Simply uncomment out the section that refers to
ALLOW_CHANGING_FROM.

2) Add customized-hdrs in pine configuration manager for FROM field you
desire.

- Liston Bias                        When one door closes, another opens,
  Alumni of Oklahoma State Univ      but we often look so long and
  Alumni of Florida State Univ       regretfully upon the closed door, we
                                     do not see the ones which open for us.
  bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                                        -A.G. Bell
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias