Re: Configuration Problem with 3.11pre7

1997-06-02 14:28:00
Clemens Brogi <clemens(_dot_)brogi(_at_)rrze(_dot_)uni-erlangen(_dot_)de>
writes:
I am currently using procmail 3.10 on our sytem where our usermailboxes
are located on two different Servers. We have one common Mailserver which
distributes the Mail depending on the users entry in the NIS-Mailbox map.
We achieved this by using a short script, setting the $MAIL variabel.
Now with procmail3.11pre7 the SYSTEM_MBOX variable (which I had set to
$MAIL) is no longer supported. Does anybody has an idea how to handle two
different mailbox-localtions with pre7 without hacking the source?

I *very strongly* suggest you write your own version of the
auth_mailboxname() function in authenticate.c that does the YP
lookups.  Using $MAIL is *not* secure if procmail is setuid root:
anyone can write to any file on the system!

setenv MAIL /etc/passwd
echo 'hehe::0:0:No 1 Important:/:/bin/sh' | procmail -d root

Procmail gives you gobs of rope; whether you make rigging or a noose is
your choice.

Philip Guenther