Re: Failure of fgrep?

1997-06-02 15:14:00
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, David W. Tamkin wrote:

wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com wrote,

| FROM=`$FORMAIL -zrx To:`
| SENDER=`echo $FROM | sed -e 's/@.*//'`

You could do the second step within procmail and save overhead:

 :0
 * FROM ?? ^^\/[^(_at_)]+
 { SENDER=$MATCH }

| I do not have any form of nws in my FOLKS listing ...

Well, I ansered both of my questions.  David's rc does not give the same
value for $SENDER.  Which makes it less useful for too  me, since it
doesn't use the reply-to address.

And that was what I missed about the spam.  The Reply-to was set to
no(_at_)spam(_dot_)com(_dot_)

I put David's rc into my procmailrc when I before running the spam through
again, using SENDER1 instead of SENDER.

$SENDER1 was set to nws.  $SENDER was set to no.  And I do have a two
addresses in my FOLKS listing that begin no.

--
The gentlemen looked one another over with microscopic carelessness.