procmail return code question...

1997-06-04 04:35:00

I've got a mail parsing program that I want to filter all my mail through
for delivery, using procmail as a front-end (it bounces the mail with an
explanation why, if it's directed to some subset of addresses).

Anyway, my .forward file looks like this:

     "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #bouncer"

And the only rule in my .procmailrc file looks like this:

     :0
     |/u/bouncer/bouncer.pl

What I'm wondering is what error code 'bouncer.pl' needs to return if it's
going to die without completing, i.e. if some error condition is reached,
such that procmail will re-queue the message.  If I have bouncer.pl do an
'exit 75;' will that suffice?

Please reply directly to me; I'll summarize replies back to the list (I can
barely keep up as it is).  Thanks!

Rich Holland
Mail Administrator
Rockwell Collins, Inc.