kernel locking on a SunOS

1997-06-05 16:34:00

Recently I have started to see these mesages in my procmail log:

procmail: Timeout, was waiting for "backups-personal"
procmail: Kernel-lock failed
procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

under SunOS 4.1.4

procmail v3.11pre7 1997/04/28 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg
 <srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    /var/spool/mail/luomat

This causes my procmail process to sit there and suck CPU, causing my
sysadmin undue stress & strain....

Help?

TjL
--
TjL <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org>   / http://www.peak.org/~luomat/next/
"The best things in life are made into inferior