Re: Screening Logs

1997-06-06 10:33:00
Hi,
        I figured out how to use mailstat do do a month long log.
        The thing is, it runs whenever I log in, and I check what's
arrived with it too.
        Here is the solution (note that longlog is the monthly log):
        I just added the first line to both files:
cat .maillog >>longlog  (*appends result to my monthly log called longlog*)
mailstat -s .maillog  (* gives me the normal what arrived since last login*)
        At the end of the month, I should get an accurate of count and bytes.
--Matthew Saroff