Re: [v3.11pre7] $DEFAULT no longer used or settable?

1997-06-06 13:04:00
On 05 Jun 1997 20:54:02 -0400,
Roderick Schertler(RS) wrote:
RS> Sorry, I tried the procmailrc you posted without changes running under
RS> pre7 on my system and it behaved as expected:

RS>     procmail: No match on "^From:.*sun1.wwb.noaa.gov"
RS>     procmail: Locking "/home/roderick/Mail/spool/mbox.spool.lock"
RS>     procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/roderick/Mail/spool/mbox.spool"
RS>     procmail: Opening "/home/roderick/Mail/spool/mbox.spool"
RS>     procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
RS>     procmail: Unlocking "/home/roderick/Mail/spool/mbox.spool.lock"
RS>      Subject: subject
RS>       Folder: /home/roderick/Mail/spool/mbox.spool                  [size]

RS> I don't know what the problem is.  If I were you my next step would be
RS> to compile procmail with debugging and step through the relevant code.

Since nobody else could reproduce this, I recompiled but this time
used gcc,

  $ gcc -v
  Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.7.2.1/specs
  gcc version 2.7.2.1
  $

instead of sun's,

  $ cc -V
  cc: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 30 Oct 1996 C 4.2
  usage: cc [ options] files.  Use 'cc -flags' for details
  $

and the problem has disappeared. For the gcc compile I used the flags
defined by GCC_WARNINGS in Makefile. For the cc compile, I used just
-O. Weird.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback and testing.

--
  -mb-