Passing info from formail to a perl script?

1997-06-12 19:47:00
Let's say I use formail to grab the sender of a message:

        SENDER=`formail -rtzx To:`

Is it possible to pass this SENDER variable to a perl script that does some
operations on the message?  I was thinking of something like:

SENDER=`formail -rtzx To:`
0h:
* ^Subject: . arbitrary command
| perlscript.pl

...and in the perlscript $SENDER is used.  Are the procmail variables created
true environment variables?

John

--
John Jensen      john(_at_)analysis(_dot_)net       Analysis.Net Survey Research
http://www.analysis.net    "Professional survey research -- by email"