Re: Mailstat shows errors in log?!

1997-06-13 08:48:00
"John" == John White <johnjohn(_at_)triceratops(_dot_)com> writes:

John> Does anyone have experience with this type of error, or know
John> what it is a symptom of?

Are you using the `backup' example from the man page?

I had the same errors. They appear when procmail receives two mails at
the same time. The recipe doesn't have a lock, so there is a race
condition between the two ls and rm commands.

It is totally harmless, as it just indicates that procmail can't find
a file it would have deleted anyway.

This will prevent the error messages (I use this myself):
# Safety net:
:0 c
backup
:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* 2>/dev/null | sed -e 1,32d` 2>/dev/null

Actually, I don't think the last redirection is needed: rm -f should
work (or fail) silently.

--
Guy Geens <ggeens(_at_)iname(_dot_)com>
Home Page: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ggeens