Re: X-Loop with prarametrized argument?

1997-06-13 09:32:00
"Silvio Sancese" <sancese(_at_)mmedia(_dot_)df(_dot_)unibo(_dot_)it> writes:
Hi everybody,

I have procmail running two hosts on different domains.

One of my recipes is:

:0:
* $^From "$BLACKLIST"
      | (formail -rt \
              -A "Precedence: junk" \
              -A "X-Loop: sancese(_at_)domainA" ; \
              cat $PMDIR/blacklist.reply; \
      ) | $SENDMAIL -t

(the $BLACKLIST is a very small list of known people, so I don't spam anyone).

Problem is that on domain domainB the recipe is slightly different for the
X-Loop stuff, indicating domainB.

How can I parametrize the recipe so that I can use the same rc file on machines
on different domains?

        # $LOGNAME and $HOST are builtin to procmail
        XLOOP = "$LOGNAME(_at_)$HOST"

        # Don't need the quotes arount $BLACKLIST
        # If you have procmail 3.11pre4 or later than you can change the
        # $XLOOP in the condition into $\XLOOP so as to do a literal match
        # against the contents of XLOOP, instead of treating its contents
        # as a regexp.
        :0:
        * $ ^From $BLACKLIST
        * ! $ ^X-Loop: $XLOOP
        |(formail -rtA"Precedence: junk" -A"X-Loop: $XLOOP"; \
          cat $PMDIR/blacklist.reply \
         )|$SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

Philip Guenther