Dupe filtering not functioning properly.

1997-06-13 13:17:00
My dupe filter mechanism is not functioning properly at all, and
I'm sure it is set up like I was told to.  Here is the beginning
of my .procmailrc - see if you can determine what is wrong.
Also, if someone would be kind enough to explain exactly how it
works, I'd appreciate it - the man pages, etc are still
intimidating a little and after reading them for a few hours I've
learned a lot, but still don't understand how the dupe filter
works.  I'm learning though so bear with me.

INBOXES=$HOME/mail/incoming
MAILDIR = $HOME/mail/incoming   # chdir to ~/mail/incoming
LOGFILE = procmail.log          # start saving the log
information
VERBOSE = on                    # comment this out when you feel
sure

# Safety net
:0 c
backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

# Duplicate filter
#:0 Wh: msgid.lock
#| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
:0Whc:msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
        :0a:
        dupes

:0:
* ^TOmharris
$DEFAULT

By the way, I'd like to thank everyone on this list for helping
me with other procmail stuff.  You've quadrupled my knowledge of
regular expressions and I've become much more productive with
programs like "grep", "sed", and on web based search engines like
ftpsearch.  Thanks a bundle, I hope I can return as much help
back to this list as I've gotten from it.

TTYL

Mike A. Harris        |             http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
Computer Consultant   |                  Coming soon: dynamic-IP-freedom...
My dynamic address: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris/ip-address.html
Email: mharris at blackwidow.saultc.on.ca  <-- Spam proof address

LINUX: The ONLY bulletproof 32-bit operating system that has it all.