Re: Inbox filter

1997-06-13 22:53:00
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Rafael Reta wrote:

->How to filter an already existing mail with procmail?
->
->I been RTFM but found nothing. The only reference to ths is only the
->content of a FAQ that is not complete :(

 Following my sig is an excerpt from the procmail man page. Read all the
man page stuff:)
jamie
jamie(_at_)comet(_dot_)net
            For PGP public key, mail me with Subject:GET KEY
        For random Ambrose Bierce quote, Mail me with Subject: ambrose
       Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
      "Microsoft was invented by domestic terrorists.  Remember, it's
                     no longer an import industry."
Procmail  can  also  be  invoked to postprocess an already
       filled system mailbox.  This can be useful  if  you  don't
       want  to or can't use a $HOME/.forward file (in which case
       the following script could  periodically  be  called  from
       within cron(1), or whenever you start reading mail):

              #!/bin/sh

              ORGMAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME

              if cd $HOME &&
               test -s $ORGMAIL &&
               lockfile -r0 -l1024 .newmail.lock 2>/dev/null
              then
                trap "rm -f .newmail.lock" 1 2 3 13 15
                umask 077
                lockfile -l1024 -ml