How big is too big?

1997-06-17 07:28:00
Not telling anyone what to do :-) but just pointing something out:

Not long ago, someone on this list helped me fix a recipe for blocking
large messages.  As an aside, he suggested that the ten thousand char
limit I had was probably too small.  I just peeked at the sizes of the
last 100 incoming.  only four were over 6000 chars.  Two of those were
spam, and one was quoting a spam to a "postmaster".

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary (especially if you get binaries as
attachments) but it looks like ten thou was a good limit for me after
all.