Failure of scoring

1997-06-21 10:09:00
I don't know of this is due to the mail "upgrade" here at Netcom, or a
failure of procmail.

I have a scoring recipe to test the "spammness" of a message, add the
score to the messages headers, and then if a positive score, file it as
junk - negative scores get put in my folder for e-mail that is read when
time permits.

The problem is that since the begining of Netcom's mail woes, some
definate spam is being filtered as non-spam.  I thought my scoring was a
little leniant, and tightened it to accomadate some new twists.

But today when I was testing some changes to my filters (sent 5 forged
e-mails) one was passed as a non-spam.  It had a positive score.  This is
what is failing:

        VAL=$=

        :0fwh
        | $FORMAIL -I "X-score: $VAL"

        :0:
        * $ $=^0
        junk-box

And this is the message headers that passed: