Re: wild card in procmail includerc file

1997-06-21 22:12:00
zhenhua(_at_)megapro(_dot_)com asked,

| I use a .procmailrc file that contains
|
| INCLUDERC=$HOME/test1.rc
| INCLUDERC=$HOME/test2.rc
| INCLUDERC=$HOME/test3.rc
|
| Can I use a wild card character such as *
|
| INCLUDERC=$HOME/*.rc
|
| that will incluce all .rc files under $HOME?

No.  You have to assign each one specifically as the INCLUDERC in the order
you want them used.

Suggestion: if one of those rcfiles is always called along with another, you
could combine their recipes into one file, or if you sometimes call one of
them without the other but never call the other alone, you can put an
INCLUDERC assignment into one of them that calls the other; that way you'll
have fewer INCLUDERC assignments in your main rcfile.

If you always call all of them together (or none at all), consider combining
them all into one file.  Otherwise, if you *often* call all of them but some-
times call individual ones, and you don't want lots of INCLUDERC assignments
in your main rcfile, make one file (named, for example, $HOME/alltests.rc)
that contains this:

  INCLUDERC=$HOME/test1.rc
  INCLUDERC=$HOME/test2.rc
  INCLUDERC=$HOME/test3.rc

Then your main rcfile could say just INCLUDERC=$HONE/alltests.rc.