Re: Implementing a Mailing List via procmail

1997-06-22 08:21:00
On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

      Roy Rapoport <rsr(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com> wrote

Has anyone done this? I would expect someone would have, but I haven't
found any on-line, and I'd hate to re-write the wheel...

You'd probably be better off looking at SmartList in the same directory you
found the source code for procmail.  It is designed to do just that....

    However, some people do not have SmartList and for reasons cannot
get it (example: ISP policy).  Suppose one just wants to reflect
uniquely identifiable mail to a small, closed group of recipients with
none of the trappings of the usual mailing list server?  (In that case,
SmartList would be serious overkill.)  I suppose a single, sophisticated
enough recipe might do the trick.  I do not need such a recipe at the
moment, but I might.  Roy Rapoport did not say just how elaborate a
setup he needs.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart