Re: Messages Filed and *still* Delivered?

1997-06-23 18:27:00
"Stephen M. Wynne" <stevemw(_at_)pogo(_dot_)WV(_dot_)TEK(_dot_)COM> writes:
I'm running procmail v2.90 1993/07/01 on a Solaris 2.5.1 system. I
have a complicated set of rules that involve lots of includes and many
long regular expressions (I'm hunting for spam, etc...).

I've just started seeing this weird problem where I now get folder
deposits (as my rules request) as my rules request for mailing lists,
but I *also* get maildrop deliveries!

Here's an example rule:

:1 w
| rcvstore +php -create

Note that I've tried ":1 i" and ":1". Any ideas? I'm sure this is
some silly thing that I'm doing here.

Well, you should probably upgrade to a newer version (1993?  Wow!),
but offhand I don't think that's the source of your problem.  Have
you turned on verbose logging to see what procmail thinks the problem
is?  Just put

        LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
        VERBOSE=on

at the top of your .procmailrc and examine the logfile that results to
see what procmail thinks is going on.

Philip Guenther