Re: Spam bouncer and its ilk

1997-06-25 05:41:00
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:32:48 +0100,
"Ian Southam" <Ian(_dot_)Southam(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
<... original attribution lost, Matthew G Saroff IIRC ...>
that IP number range for legacy reasons.  If you can get me the net
blocks, I'll take care of it.

It's not your job to find them out yourself?

 $ host netusa.net
 netusa.net has address 204.141.0.10
 netusa.net mail is handled by mail.netusa.net
 netusa.net mail is handled by mail1.netusa.net

 $ whois 204.141.0
 Network USA (NET-NETUSA-NET2)
<...>

 $ whois handle 'net-netusa-*'
 Network USA (NET-NETUSA-NET2)
<...>

(Meaning, that seems to be their only netblock.)

Every heard of an expression "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"?

Can we drop this thread?
  (Yes, I have a killfile, but it's more productive for the bickering
to cease than for everyone on the list to have to killfile it first.)

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>