Multiple RC Files

1997-07-01 00:09:00
Hello,

I have a few questions I wander if someone could answer;

1) I have Procmail set up to filter incoming mail. My rc.unetmail looks like:

:0:

:0:

etc....etc...

I am thinking of setting up an auto reply system, but I only want it to the
user ian. Is there anyway to embed this into the existing rc file?

2) The procmailex man page gives the following example of autoreplys:

:0 h c
              * !^FROM_DAEMON
              | (formail -r -A"Precedence: junk" \
                  -A"X-Loop: your(_at_)own(_dot_)mail(_dot_)address" ; \
                 echo "Mail received.") | $SENDMAIL -t

Please can someone explain what this does and how it works.

Thanks in Advance

Ian

Ian Chilton
E-Mail:  ian(_at_)chiltons(_dot_)u-net(_dot_)com
Homepage:  http://www.chiltons.u-net.com