Re: Unidentified subject!

1997-07-09 00:51:00
On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 07:53:48 +0100,
Klaus Frederiksen <klaus(_at_)internord(_dot_)dk> wrote:
unsubscribe

That was malicious. I came up with this as an improvement to my
earlier attempts (see separate message from Eli for a pointer):

    # No subject line, or silly "no subject"
    :0
    * ^Subject:
    * ! ^Subject: [[(]?(none|unidentified|unspecified|no)( subject)?[.!]?[])]?
    { }

    :0EHB:      # H == scan header (for no MAILER); B == scan message body
    * ! ^FROM_MAILER
    * B ?? < 1000
    * $ $UNSUBSCRIBE
    scratch/unsubscribe

Can anybody come up with improvements to this? More "no such subject
ever seen, duh" strings to add? [Probably should allow for the
illiterate and the French :-) to add spaces before punctuation.]

/* era */

(Yes, I believe French orthography rules stipulate that you should use
a thin space before punctuation. I don't know if they honestly think
it's more readable that way or if they just want to be different.)

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>