Re: Need rule to screen fakes from within domain.

1997-07-11 13:16:00
On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:49:16 -0500,
Chris Fieldhouse <cfieldho(_at_)dev(_dot_)tivoli(_dot_)com> wrote:
Can anyone suggest a way whereby I can check
each "tivoli" to see whether *any* "received"
contains a non-tivoli domain and reject email
accordingly.

formail -c -XReceived: | fgrep -vi tivoli.com

If there's any output left, it's from the outside. fgrep should return
an error code if it can't find any lines not containing tivoli.com and
you can thus react on that. You should perhaps, however, be careful
with stuff like "localhost" which your local machines might be using
as well.

An alternative solution might be to look for From: lines very near the
beginning of the message, before any Received: lines. (The spammers
will usually not add your domain on the HELO, they put in an
underspecified address and your helpful local machinery adds the
"@tivoli.com". I believe this would normally put the From: line above
the Received: line of the machine that "corrected" the From: line, but
I don't have my spam tank handy to check with so don't take my word
for it.)

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>