Re: plussed addresses

1997-07-14 17:49:00
        Author: Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net>
        Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:20:41 -0400

Actually, in the past I've spent considerable time at multiple sites trying
to (usually, successfully) get them to *DO* such things.

Yeah... most of the problems I have had are that the Reply-To line got
munged when I tried to set it to not have my subdomain.

If you tried to send out just "Reply-To: luomat" I think you *would*
want your sendmail "fixing" that one.

Well, personally I'd like sendmail to trust me that if I set a 'Reply-To'
line, I know where I want it to go...

I believe the RFC requirement is that the addresses be replyable; how that
gets implemented is an implementation detail of sorts.  Changing from one
way to the other would probably impact everyone using peak.org to some
extent.

Well, I believe the answer is to stop masquerading my machine, which used to
be on via PPP, and start using my real hostname.

You're right, this is no longer really about procmail....

TjL

ps -- Hebrew started as of 2 July, and ends on 22 August, so
please understand if responses are slow.  I am taking a 2
semester class in 8 weeks for 6 credits

--
TjL <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org>