Re: Multiple recipients from a single account

1997-07-15 03:37:00
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Reuven M. Lerner wrote:

The trick, of course, is to download the mail from this single POP
mailbox (which we do, using fetchmail) and then send it to the
appropriate recipients, such that mail with a "To" field of

I have my Linux box at home setup like this but I don't see this as a
procmail issue.

Fetchmail will forward the mail it gets from the remote POP account to
your local MTA (which is hopefully sendmail).

If you have sendmail setup correctly, it and not a filtering program will
do this for you quite automatically.  This is essentially how big sites
(like the one I administer for a living) deliver their mail only, instead
of using POP, they use SMTP or uucp to receive their mail.

If you want to provide some details about which MTA you are using and how
you have it setup I will be happy to help you more:).

---
Ian