Q: Putting action line in variable

1997-08-09 12:15:00
I want to put the entire action line for a set of recipes in a variable,
as:
========

# This sets the default action for all recipes in this base junkfilter
# file.
ACTION="|formail -i 'X-Fkey: junk' -i 'X-Spammer: `echo $SPAMMER`' >>
jmtest"

# then various recipes...

# junk mail software.
SPAMMER="junkmail software"
:0 :
* ^Received:.*(Cyber-Bomber|bulk_mailer|from stealth)
$ACTION

# IEMMC does NOT keep and use a "remove list".
SPAMMER="IEMMC"
:0 :
* X-Advertisement:.*iemmc
$ACTION

etc...

Does anyone know a way to do this?  The above solution is broken.

Thanks

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                "You uudecode it."