Mail Again question

1997-08-12 13:35:00
Hey everyone, I need help (first step to recovery is adminiting the
problem... :-)

I want to perform mail agaig at our site, wich means "If your mail
message has be sitting in /var/mail/$username for more than 90 days, it
will be deleted".

At first, I thought of writing something in Perl that would do the job
but afterwards I figured I could probably do the same thing with
procmail. Do you think I could write some sort of mail file filter that
would:

  procmail -m mail.aging.rc /var/mail/$username

And the mail file would come out with only 90 days old or younger
messages in it. Procmail would've deleted all the older messages in the
file?

Any pointers would be appreciated...

TIA

Ciao!

--
Charles Gagnon                   | All opinions expressed herein are
Systems Admin, Pencom PSA        | fictitious. Any ressemblance with actual

   I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.
        -- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward