procmail newbie

1997-08-19 11:41:39
Hi all!  Just getting into the procmail thing--I heard that it was the tool
I needed to reject mail that wasn't actually addressed to me, which sounds
like a good thing.  :)  I've picked up the procmail spambouncer at
http://www.best.com/~ariel/nospam/ and installed it (I thought), but I
still seem to be getting mail addressed to friend(_at_)public(_dot_)com .

I realize it's going to take some digging into my setup and configuration
to figure out where I've gone astray, and probably isn't something that
should be cluttering up the mailing list--I'm hoping perhaps one or two
kind-hearted experts with a bit of extra time might be willing to exchange
private e-mail about it.  (Or if you guys feel the need for an overall
ego-boost, I can post it to the mailing list...)

-Bertha                         http://www.mhn.org/~bertha

Dr. Hibbert: You have twenty-four hours to live.
Homer: Twenty-four hours!
Dr. Hibbert: Well, twenty-two.  I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long.