Re: Too much emails

1997-08-21 16:09:21
Iztok Polanic <Iztok(_dot_)Polanic1(_at_)guest(_dot_)arnes(_dot_)si> writes:

Hello !!!

I dont know if you have alredy talked about this subject and i know
that this isn't a question about procmail progy, but i think that we
should make some sort of a news group, because this list is getting
too growded. Dont understand me wrong, i love this maillist but what
is too much is too much. I just get from this maillist cca. 30-50
emails PER DAY. And if i count the other maillist i get per day
cca. 120-150 emails. And the big problem comes then, when i go to
vacation or smth.  When i return from my vacation then is my inbox
like a bag of snail mails.  This is just a suggestion so please,
dont understand me wrong.

                                                      Bye.

I fix this problem with two things:

1) I read mail with a reader that can automatically file incoming mail
   into a specific folder.  This helps categorize my e-mail so my
   generic inbox isn't too crowded.  (I read mail through POP on
   WinNT, so I can't use procmail to do it directly)

2) I use procmail to save up mailing list mail, and have it copy the
   mail to my mail spool only once a day. So once a day I read the
   mailing list mail.  This helps a lot to cut down on the number of
   times my mail monitor beeps at me during the day.

--
matta