Re: Need recipe to match ALL-NUMERIC addresses @whatever

1997-08-26 02:22:07
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:11:37 -0500,
wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
wrote:
38957272(_at_)compuserve(_dot_)com

As several people have pointed out already, most spam of this kind
comes with an 8-digit numeric ID, so you might want to check
explicitly for that. If it also has a five-digit com domain name, it's
VERY safe to torch it.

Hey, I'm still new at this, too, but is there anything wrong with:
:0
* ^From:[    ][0-9]*(_at_)[a-z]*\(_dot_)(com|net)
{ INCLUDERC=deal.with.spamford }

You might want a plus or an asterisk after the first closing bracket.
You might want to change the first asterisk after that to a plus. Not
all addresses end in .com or .net. And like I said, it would be a good
idea to also allow and even expect numbers in the domain part.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>