Re: extracting bodies into separate files.

1997-08-26 12:31:15
wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
wrote:
What's the easiest way to take a single-file mailfolder (of already
received messages), and put each message body in its own file?

No headers, file name doesn't matter--as long as it's unique.
Directory for files may be in recipe.

$ cat > rc
:0b
directory
^D
$ formail -s procmail -m rc < mailfolder

You may want the 'r' flag on the recipe, too. I was quite pleased to
find that 'b' worked for things besides 'f'iltering.

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.