Fgrep problem "wordlist too large"

1997-08-27 15:13:30
While setting up a filter to trap and move spam to a seperate file, when the
list of spam domains gets too large (works around 3k not on 30k) this
appears in the procmail log file:

fgrep: wordlist too large
procmail: Program failure (2) of "fgrep"

I've tried increasing the linebuf to 32k and more but it still throws the
"wordlist too large" error.

VERBOSE=on
LINEBUF=16384

:0
* ? fgrep -i -f /etc/spamfilt
/home/rickcook/mail/FilteredMessages

spamfilt is a 2429 line list of spam domains, and FilteredMessages is where
all "hits" go when spamfilt is below the size threshold so it's been working
fine until I wanted to greatly expand the hitlist.  Is there something
obvious I'm doing wrong? Any workaround that doesn't require spliting
spamfilt into a myriad of smaller files?

rick...