Re: message-ID

1997-08-31 15:11:01
On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Tomas Karlsson wrote:

I receive many spams with forged message-ID, such as this one:

Is there a ways to check if the message-id header line begins with
..and send such message directly to a folder called bad_id?

I think I just misinterpreted your question.  If you want to
specifically filter on that, you would use

to catch anything NOT beginning with 1997.

This is probably a veryvery bad idea, however, as there is nothing which
states that message-ids have to begin with any certain character.  The
only requirement is that, to the transmitting machine, the message-id be
unique.

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                "You uudecode it."