Proposed addition to procmailex man page

1997-09-04 06:51:54

I'ld like to humbly propose an additional item for the procmailex man page.
This works ideal for handleing spam.  I can write a smart perl script
to add host names, email addresses, etc to my ".favorite-things" file
based on spam I get that doesn't get caught by this receipe.

The reason I suggest this - is because the procmailex file (as of 3.10)
has only one example using "* ?" and that really isn't a filtering
decision.

Filtering off spam by using "* ? grep -f" has been something I wanted
to do for a long time, but couldn't quite get the syntax working right.
It also has a lot of other uses that I plan on using now that I know
the syntax.

# Find all items matching any number of expressions and handle them.
# the file .favorite-things has a series of lines like:
#      onestopshop.net
#      cyberpromo.com
#      cyberpromo.net
# Make sure your grep handles "-F -f file" (GNU's grep does)
:0
* ? grep -F -f $HOME/.favorite-things
favorite-things

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Oelke - droelke(_at_)aud(_dot_)alcatel(_dot_)com        Alcatel Telecom,
Richardson, TX

There's a Wocket in my Pocket, And a Findow in my Window,
And a Nook Gase in my Book Case