Re: Procmail message body only

1997-09-06 10:45:00
Patrick Mackeown asked,

| qestion: How can I read only the message body into the file?

As the procmailrc(5) man page says, use the `b' flag (lower-case b, that is;
capital B does something different) on the recipe that saves the message to
that folder.

  :0b:
  * con-
  * di-
  * tions
  foldername

`b' means, in effect, "all we care about is the body, so lose the head (or if
this is a filter, leave the head unchanged)."  Likewise, `h' means "all we
care about is the head, so lose the body (or if this is a filter, leave the
body unchanged)."

`h' and `b' together cancel one another out: if you use both or if you use
neither, the entire message will be saved, piped, or filtered.