disallow program running

1997-09-08 14:52:23

i am new to procmail, but not to sendmail.

a number of years ago i replaced the Mprog in our sendmail config to
restrict the programs that could be run via a .forward file to a few
that i prescribed (vacation, etc...)

this was done to plug a security hole that later eric allman plugged
with a similar method.

from what i cat gather, procmail will allow a person to filter their
mail through an arbitary program. this reopens things i'd rather let
stay shut.

i would like to stop procmail from allowing users to push their mail
through any program they desire.

could someone point me to the appropriate docs, or tell how do acheive
this?

--
email: zaphod(_at_)zoology(_dot_)ubc(_dot_)ca       box: Lance R. Bailey,
System/Network Admin