recompiling help: need to turn off some locking

1997-09-11 15:51:56

procmail v3.11pre7 1997/04/28
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()

This procmail (on a SunOS 4.1.4) causes MAJOR problems on large emails.

Is there some sort of known problem with locking on SunOS?

This has been an ongoing problem with pre4 and pre7.

It just sits there and sucks CPU and virtual memory (about 40 megs! is this
a known problem).

What of the above locking can I do away with?

I'm ready to get rid of everything but dot locking and just use a global
lockfile.

How do I get rid of them during compilation?

Please help... I'm killing the main shell machine at my ISP with procmail
processes.

TjL