Re: Help! Working List Stopped Working

1997-09-12 22:32:31
Howard Co Schls <hawks(_at_)clark(_dot_)net> writes:

I am running a list that uses the following script:

LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail/log

:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*rivhillregister(_at_)lawlab(_dot_)com
{
   :0fhw
   | sed -e '/^#/d' -e '/^$/d' -e 's/^/Bcc: /' rivhillregister ; \
       formail -I"From " -I"To: Unofficial Riverhill Mailing List" -ICc:
-IBcc:

   :0
   ! -t
}

to forward all mail from a certain address to all names in a file. It
worked fine for weeks. Now suddenly it has stopped working, and the
following type of entry appears in the log:

Subject: AA0999 CHAT much ado about nothing
 Folder: /usr/lib/sendmail -t                                            8877
/usr/lib/sendmail: /usr/lib/sendmail: cannot open
It appears that procmail has decided to try to write the messages to a
file called sendmail -t rather than call the application sendmail. What
could possibly cause this?

The problem is with sendmail, not procmail.  The last of the log lines
that I quoted above was not generated by procmail: the word "cannot"
doesn't appear in the procmail sources except in comments, and it never
uses perror, strerror, or sys_errlist.  Can you invoke /usr/lib/sendmail
by hand, and what exactly are the permissions of /usr/lib/sendmail?

Philip Guenther