Problems installing SmartList

1997-09-15 08:31:05
Hi,
        I posted this message about a wwwk ago to the Smartlist, and have seen
very few (2 and one was spam) other posts to the lists at the time.  Repsonses
on the Procmail loist suggested that I send it to the Procmail list, which is
what I am doing now.
        My knowledge of Unix is not particularly deep, primarily from the point
of view of a user, and not a sysop or a programmer, so I am not clear on what
the error may mean.
Message follows:
Hi,
        I'm trying to install smartlist on my system.  I've read the docs,
but my knowledge of Unix is not that deep.  When I try to run the install
program, I get:
sh install.sh /home/msaroff/SmartList/
*** This script is best run as root, if that's not possible press return
*** to continue; if it *is* possible, abort now and restart as root!

cd ..; make make init
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/msaroff/temp/procmail-3.11pre7'
/bin/sh ./initmake /bin/sh "/bin/sh" "/bin/rm -f" "mv -f" "ln" \
 "-lm -ldir -lx -lsocket -lnet -linet -lnsl_s -lnsl_i -lnsl -lsun -lgen
-lsockdns -ldl" \
 "/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib" \
 /dev/null "make" o \
 "cc" "-O  " "-s  " "procmail lockfile formail mailstat" \
 "procmail formail lockfile" \
 "procmailrc procmailsc procmailex" "src man" \
 "/usr/bin"
cc seems to work fine, using that as the C-compiler
        ...scanning for 13 libraries...
--SNIP--
        ...scanning for 3 libraries...
Added LDFLAGS= -lm -ldl -lc
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/msaroff/temp/procmail-3.11pre7'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/msaroff/temp/procmail-3.11pre7'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `init'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/msaroff/temp/procmail-3.11pre7'
make: *** No rule to make target `getparams'.  Stop.
        The sysop on the system has said that I'm the only one who has
asked for a mailing list, so it's up to me to install procmail.
        I don't have root privilidges, but if there is a privilidge that I
need, I'd appreciate knowing.

Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com