Re: Overzealous auto-responding?

1997-09-23 15:12:05
On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:17:51 -0500, "Matthew G. Saroff (Do not Reply
to this Address)" <saroff(_at_)vs(_dot_)lmco(_dot_)com> wrote:
     I would think that it would be trivial for a someone who isn't Unix
illiterate like me to do this with formail.  Has anyone done it?

There's a script called forrep which is more or less trying to do
this. Spam Bouncer also tries to autoreply to spam automatically.
You'll find links to both, and a number of others, at
    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>

/* era */

Yes, that's another reason to dislike Spam Bouncer. As a general
comment, it's too optimistic about what it can do and not cause
trouble for the user or the innocent bystanders. forrep you have to
invoke yourself.

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>