RE:procmail

1997-11-03 18:36:52
Hi ,

    I'm trying to use procmail as a filter and i have installed it and created
a file called .procmailrc in my home directory and that file i wrote

VERBOSE=on
PATH =$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*gakkani(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com
gakkani

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)chanakya
chanakya

:0
* ^From.*lapster1
lapster1

      and tried sending mail to my account from different machine to my account
and when i typed mail it does not show me any messages and also it does not
shoe in the file which are empty in my home directory.where do i have to see
these messages in the particular folders.any help greatly appriciated

      Brief explanation of usage is appriciated

    thanks

    sridhar
~