Re: Ooops

1997-11-05 12:21:44
Wed 97-11-05 Lars Bunk Dybdahl <lars(_at_)dybdahl(_dot_)dk> list.procmail
| I accidentally subscribed to this procmail mailing list,
| and get a lot of e-mails. How do I unsubscribe? HELP!

    2.5 Procmail discussion list
         [procmail-request addresses; by Ralph Sims
<ralphs(_at_)halcyon(_dot_)com>]

        To join the list: Send subject "subscribe" to *procmail-request*.

        To get off the list: send a message to *procmail-request* with any
        subject line and the word "unsubscribe" in the body (leave off the
        quotes). If that fails, use "unsubscribe user(_at_)your(_dot_)domain".
If *that*
        fails, try email to
<procmail-owner(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
        (purportedly that should go to a person). I'm suggesting a number
        of things because I lost that first message.

        The biggest problem with unsubscribing is trying to do so from an
        email address other than the one you subscribed from. Forging
        headers is left as an exercise to the class.